Features, Advantages and disadvantages of SOAP
Features of SOAP
- SOAP is a communication protocol and it is used for communication between applications
- SOAP is a format for sending messages
- SOAP communicates thorough Internet
Independence: – SOAP allows for any programming model.
- SOAP is platform independent and language independent. That is SOAP can used in any languages.
- SOAP is based on XML
Extensibility: – Security and WS-routing are among the extensions under development. SOAP is simple and extensible
- Neutrality: -SOAP can be used over any transport protocol such as HTTP, SMTP, TCP, or JMS. SOAP allows you to get around firewalls
- SOAP is a W3C recommendation
- SOAP as a lightweight protocol:- It permits applications to pass messages and data back and forth between disparate systems in a distributed environment enabling remote method invocation. It means SOAP protocol possesses only two fundamental properties. They are,
- Send and receive HTTP transport protocol packets.
- Process XML messages. This can be contrasted with the heavyweight protocols such as ORPC protocols.